Fort Worth Selected for 2020, 21, & 22 Men’s Basketball Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pogo View Post
    A friend of mine is in the process of moving to Dallas from Houston. I told him to keep the town house in Houston and buy a 3 bedroom house in Dallas and then we could stay with him where ever the shocks are playing,
    Houston is 4 hrs from DFW. How many alums in Texas within 2-4 hrs from DFW? I would think 6-8K is possible at DFW especially if WSU keeps winning. Numbers will grow with each win.

Comment

UCONN fans can't be loving this.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
        UCONN fans can't be loving this.
        I would take New York for 3 years if we could get Wichita for 2 out of the next 3 years.

Comment

Makes more sense than a geographical outlier like Orlando or Hartford. With that said, I'm not a fan of signing a 3 year deal before we know it works.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            Sorey (Sorry in Canada), can't help meself... :)

I'm seriously considering going to the DFW for the tourney.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
              Makes more sense than a geographical outlier like Orlando or Hartford. With that said, I'm not a fan of signing a 3 year deal before we know it works.
              You have a brand new $450 million complex built with a combination of public and private backing and a City trying to move out of the shadow cast by Dallas and show that they belong. My guess is that Dickies Arena made the American Conference an offer they couldn't refuse if they would commit to 3 years.

I think Ft. Worth is pretty highly motivated to make this work although that guarantees nothing.

Comment

Wonderful!

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                "Fort Worth Selected for 2020, 21, & 22 Men’s Basketball Championships" - The American Conference

Posted: 08.16.17

PROVIDENCE, R.I. – American Athletic Conference Commissioner Mike Aresco announced today that Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, Texas, has been selected to host the 2020-22 American Athletic Conference Men’s Basketball Championships. The dates of the championships will be March 12-15, 2020; March 11-14, 2021; and March 10-13, 2022.

"American Athletic Conference Commissioner Mike Aresco announced today that Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, Texas, has been selected to host the 2020-22 American Athletic Conference Men’s Basketball Championships. The dates of the championships will be March 12-15, 2020; March 11-14, 2021; and March 10-13, 2022...."
                Only 50 miles from where I live. If I'm still alive by then, I might even be able to attend. Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by oldsickjames View Post
                  Only 50 miles from where I live. If I'm still alive by then, I might even be able to attend. Go Shocks!
                  How old and sick are you, James?

Comment

Working...
                  X